Innovators Virtual Lunch Covid19 Support Series – 27 March to 17 April.
With the impact of the sudden economic downturn caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) putting the resilience of Australian businesses to the test, we felt it was more important than ever that we came together to better understand what support is available and to share ideas and stories of how businesses are innovating in these extraordinary times.
Thank you to all the drivers of innovation, passionate entrepreneurs and creators who joined us for the first three Innovators Virtual Lunches and special thanks to our speakers that joined in to share their experience, expertise and inspiring stories throughout this series.
Tim Cotter, AusIndustry Regional Manager, joined us throughout the series to provide Hunter businesses with updated information and advice on the Australian Government business assistance that’s available. Tim provided the latest information on new measures announced in response to COVID-19. We also had a number of businesses join us to share some inspiring examples of how they are finding new ways to serve their customers and support their communities.
Thank you to our strategic partner, AusIndustry, for supporting the series. You will find links to some of the resources shared throughout the series below.
Innovators Virtual Lunch Resources and links
- Business and Community Support throughout the Hunter – https://hunterif.com.au/coronavirus-support/
- Ai Group COVID-19 Coronavirus resources – https://www.aigroup.com.au/business-services/covid19-coronavirus/
- The Business Centre’s webcasts – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_2wV_tu7ioMURkQLas2N1g
- NSW small business grants application form – https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-small-business-covid-19-support-grant
- Support at business.gov.au : https://www.business.gov.au/risk-management/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-for-business
- Job Keeper payments, register at https://www.ato.gov.au/Job-keeper-payment/
- I2N’s Navigator – www.newcastle.edu.au/navigator
- TAFE NSW free courses – https://www.tafensw.edu.au/fee-free-short-courses
- Compeat Con from Compeat Nutrition – https://conference.compeatnutrition.com/
- Cicada Innovations Webinar: https://www.cicadainnovations.com/events/
- Results from the Ai Group survey – https://cdn.aigroup.com.au/Media/Business_response_to_COVID-19.pdf
- iSee technology being used here: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/events/research-and-innovation/join-the-dots-virtually-cyber-security
- The yoga / pilates business Peter helped pivot to online – https://www.bodymindlife.com/
- Futurepreneurs new “Youngpreneurs” podcast – https://www.hunterfuturepreneurs.com.au/youngpreneur/
- Daniel Psyborg’s new “Untethered” podcast – https://www.psyborg.com.au/podcast/
- Giants – Global conference for early-stage founders – https://www.thegiants.live/
- Hunter iF Jobs board for innovative and startup businesses in the Hunter – https://hunterif.com.au/april-2020-job-postings/
- Garis Group summary of stimulus measures – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cf-v1MoDraaM3N3S9B_tozMjh1mD3ksb/view?usp=sharing
- Support for Innovation in NSW – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UgbbEC6bS4L3SLY02r_OnkRuwT6EUxHN/view